Chocolate Strawberry Trifle
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart fresh whole strawberries
- 1 carton (15 ounces) strawberry glaze
- 2 cartons (12 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Shaved chocolate
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Set aside five strawberries for garnish. Slice remaining strawberries.
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes.
- Place half of the cubes in a 6-qt. glass punch bowl.
- Top with half of the sliced strawberries; drizzle with half of the strawberry glaze.
- Spread with 3-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat frosting on high for 20-30 seconds or until pourable, stirring often; cool slightly. Drizzle half over the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers of cake, berries, glaze, whipped topping and frosting. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with shaved chocolate and reserved strawberries. Yield: 24-28 servings
From: Attitudes In the Kitchen [photo from google]