- 5 lb bag of potatoes peeled.
- 1 box cream cheese softened
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 ½ cups of cheddar cheese (You can use your favorite kind of cheese)
- ½ – 1 cup of sour cream
- Bacon cooked and crumbled (1/2 package)
- Green Onion diced (Optional, and I used 6)
- Milk as needed for mashing consistency.
Peel and boil potatoes for faster cooking or you can also bake them and scoop out the insides, however you prefer. Drain potatoes when ready to mash and add the cream cheese, butter, shredded cheese, sour cream, and milk (as needed). When you get your right consistency, add ¾ of the bacon and ¾ of the green onion. Place in a greased casserole and garnish with the remaing bacon and onion. You can also add more shredded cheese to the top for garnish. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then ENJOY!!!! [From Glenda Myracle]
[Note: son & husband are bacon fans – so I added more bacon to the mix – it was a great hit – and tasted great warmed over the next day.]