I haven’t made this recipe yet, but had to share – especially if they are ANYTHING like the real White Castle burgers. For those of you who have never had a White Castle – they are amazing (we call them belly-bombers). This recipe isn’t necessarily quick and easy but White Castle Hamburgers (Sliders) are oh so good!
- 1 1/2 pounds hamburger
- 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (yes, peanut butter.. trust me)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Sara Lee Classic Dinner Rolls (or the really soft small-sized dinner rolls from the bakery), sliced in half
- Cheese slices(you can use Kraft Singles or sliced Velveeta cheese.. we used Velveeta)
- In a large bowl mix the hamburger, Lipton onion soup mix, peanut butter, and milk. Spread the meat mixture on a cookie sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll over the meat to smooth it out.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. The meat will shrink. Take it out of the oven and put the diced onions all around the edges, this will give the meat a great flavor.
- Bake for 15 more minutes, remove from oven, then spoon the onions from the edges all over the top of the meat and layer with cheese slices.
- Bake another 7-10 minutes (until cheese is melted). Then add the tops of your rolls (the bottom part of the rolls will just sit on the counter) and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. Slice the meat with a pizza cutter and pick up the slider/top bun with a spatula and set it on the bottom bun.