Skinny Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
• 1 box angel food cake mix- the 1 step kind
• 1 15oz can Pumpkin
• 3/4 Cup water
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 8oz pkg. reduced fat cream cheese
• -few tablespoons of water, to be mixed with cream cheese [I let the cream cheese soften on the counter for a while then I added it to my stand mixer & beat it with a couple of tablespoons of water until smooth. I just wanted it to thin out a little bit.]
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, water, & cinnamon together until it is smooth & well mixed.
- In a 9×13 pyrex dish- sprayed with PAM- add HALF of the cake –pumpkin mix. Then smooth it out with a rubber spatula.
- Drizzle half of the cream cheese over the top of it and take a small spatula to smooth it over the top.
- Add remaining cake-pumpkin mix & also the remaining cream cheese just making layers.
- Finally take a butter knife- stick it into the mix and go back & forth over the top of the cake making figure “8’s” – to blend it a bit.
- Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees OR until a toothpick comes out clean.